Saturday, March 31, 2007

03/31/2007- Almost six months...

So it's been awhile since I wrote...I've been a little distracted lately. With the cleaning and getting my projects caught up (scrapbooking, etc.) I've been slacking on the blogging/journaling.

So I get these little emails each week about how my baby is developing. Here's what it says for this week: Your baby now looks like a miniature newborn, checking in at 10.9 inches and almost 1 pound. Her skin will continue to appear wrinkled until she gains enough weight to fill it out, and the fine hair (lanugo) that covers her head and body is now visible. Your baby's eyes are developed, though the iris (the colored part of the eye) still lacks some pigment. Her pancreas, essential for hormone production, is also developing steadily. Your baby's lips are becoming more distinct, and the first signs of teeth are appearing as buds beneath her gum line. You won't actually see her first tooth until she's around 4 to 7 months old unless she's one of the rare babies who's born with teeth.

I don't know why but this just gave me a huge surge of emotion and desire to hold my little one. I am getting more and more excited every day (and sometimes every hour it seems) to meet this little one. I am very interested to see what we're having. I told DH this past Sunday on our way to church that I will be utterly SHOCKED if we have a girl. It's not that I wouldn't want a girl...I just feel very boy. Maybe I've just convinced myself that this baby is a boy because I'm enjoying my little guy SO much right now. I don't know...perhaps I really am pregnant with a little boy. I'm very ready to take on the role of "queen in my house of blue." If we have a girl I will be equally happy...just a little more surprised. Of course I think I can get used to the idea of girly clothes and things pretty quickly. I always imagined myself as a mom to all boys for some reason. I always said I wanted three boys. I don't really know why. It'll definitely be interesting if we're seeing pink in a few months though. We got to see the baby move yesterday. I've been feeling movement for quite some time but the other day we got to see the little one squirm. We keep trying to get DS to feel it but he won't sit still long enough. I am just in love with this little being that is growing inside of me. God is so faithful and continues to show us His mercy and love every day of our lives!