01/29/2007
I'm back dating this post because it should have been posted last week but I'm just now getting around to this.
I had my first trimester cardiology appointment and echo. I got to see my little heart just pumping away in there. The tech actually said "oh you have such a pretty heart...I see so many ugly hearts and yours is so pretty and healthy." She had some trouble getting a few of the views but again, probably because I'm thin around my ribcage so she really had to push to get the views she needed. I don't know how they're going to get some of those views once my belly is pushing up into my lungs.
I saw the doc afterwards and he had this sly little grin on his face (which is a common thing for him). He said "so I saw Dr. F in the hospital and he told me your news." We talked about pregnancy, my course, my followup, etc. He said my heart looks great, continues to improve and my heart size, valves and everything else are perfect. Blood pressure and heart rate are great. He said that we won't start meds unless he feels a reason to.
We talked a little bit about the concern for recurrence and I told him I'm not one bit concerned and he said that he isn't either. He said that if I keep my weight in check, exercise and eat right I should have a pretty smooth and uneventful course. I'm pretty confident in the care I'm receiving and pretty excited about how things are progressing so far. He is a wonderful cardiologist and I am so grateful to have him caring for me. Between the two of us we keep things pretty light and joke the entire time.
I told him some of the labs I asked my OB to follow for me (BNP and hsCRP) and he asked why I asked for those specific labs (I guess to see where I got my information) so I explained it to him. He said "well I might just learn a thing or two myself." hahaha
So I've started on something called the Brewer's diet which is supposed to help maintain "optimal" nutrition throughout pregnancy. It's also supposed to help ward off preeclampsia. I don't know if either one of those is true but heck, I'm willing to try it. I'm actually feeling pretty good on it and I think I'm finally getting used to the extra protein. I'm not used to eating so much protein but I think it'll be good for me. I've also upped my exercise and am walking and doing yoga every day with occasional breaks. I think I'm going to set my goal at five days a week but would prefer six days to stay on track. I walk for about 20 minutes and yoga is 30 minutes so it's close to an hour of exercise per day which is a good amount for me.
We should get our ultrasound in a few weeks and I'm so excited to see the little beanie growing. We've decided not to find out the sex so it can be a huge surprise. I think it's going to be fun this way and can't wait!
I had my first trimester cardiology appointment and echo. I got to see my little heart just pumping away in there. The tech actually said "oh you have such a pretty heart...I see so many ugly hearts and yours is so pretty and healthy." She had some trouble getting a few of the views but again, probably because I'm thin around my ribcage so she really had to push to get the views she needed. I don't know how they're going to get some of those views once my belly is pushing up into my lungs.
I saw the doc afterwards and he had this sly little grin on his face (which is a common thing for him). He said "so I saw Dr. F in the hospital and he told me your news." We talked about pregnancy, my course, my followup, etc. He said my heart looks great, continues to improve and my heart size, valves and everything else are perfect. Blood pressure and heart rate are great. He said that we won't start meds unless he feels a reason to.
We talked a little bit about the concern for recurrence and I told him I'm not one bit concerned and he said that he isn't either. He said that if I keep my weight in check, exercise and eat right I should have a pretty smooth and uneventful course. I'm pretty confident in the care I'm receiving and pretty excited about how things are progressing so far. He is a wonderful cardiologist and I am so grateful to have him caring for me. Between the two of us we keep things pretty light and joke the entire time.
I told him some of the labs I asked my OB to follow for me (BNP and hsCRP) and he asked why I asked for those specific labs (I guess to see where I got my information) so I explained it to him. He said "well I might just learn a thing or two myself." hahaha
So I've started on something called the Brewer's diet which is supposed to help maintain "optimal" nutrition throughout pregnancy. It's also supposed to help ward off preeclampsia. I don't know if either one of those is true but heck, I'm willing to try it. I'm actually feeling pretty good on it and I think I'm finally getting used to the extra protein. I'm not used to eating so much protein but I think it'll be good for me. I've also upped my exercise and am walking and doing yoga every day with occasional breaks. I think I'm going to set my goal at five days a week but would prefer six days to stay on track. I walk for about 20 minutes and yoga is 30 minutes so it's close to an hour of exercise per day which is a good amount for me.
We should get our ultrasound in a few weeks and I'm so excited to see the little beanie growing. We've decided not to find out the sex so it can be a huge surprise. I think it's going to be fun this way and can't wait!

<< Home