02/26/2007 - A few thoughts
Well it's that time...Friday March 2 at 2:30 we go for our ultrasound. I'm pretty darn excited about it but also shocked that we're already here. Where does the time go? I'll be 18.5 weeks and that's the only day that works with DH's schedule so that's what we're doing. DH still wants to find out but I'm holding strong on it being a surprise. He said he'll do whatever I want to do so it'll be a surprise.
Oh no. It's happening. I am slowly weeding out my non-preggo clothes. Today I took three pair of dress pants, a skirt and two shirts upstairs to put away until next winter. I'm not ready for this...not yet. But wait? Am I ever going to be ready since I'm almost 18 weeks along? I mean goodness...did I really expect to to go 20 weeks in "normal" clothes. Um yeah I did unfortunately. I guess I should be glad I've made it this far but it's still not easy when my maternity clothes still don't fit and I just look like I'm wearing DH's clothes...well minus the cute prints and stuff. Seriously...I tried on a pair of my maternity jeans yesterday and they literally fell down. What am I supposed to do now? My regular jeans are starting to dig into my stomach when I sit down though I'm pretty comfortable still standing up (and might I mention they don't fall down) but my maternity jeans are too big. Where do you go from here? I refuse to spend money on smaller maternity jeans or in between clothes when I'll wear them for about four weeks. I have mostly medium maternity pants with a small here or there but even the smalls make me look like I'm wearing DH's clothes. What the heck? Is my belly/growth really distributed that differently in this pregnancy? Alot of my clothes were fitting me "cutely" by this point in pregnancy 1. This is just so weird. I guess I'm just at that weird stage or something. I'm just really glad that I don't work in an office or something. I cannot imagine the wardrobe crisis I would go through having to go into work everyday. I know I know...I sound like I'm complaining but I'm really not...just perplexed at these new developments in my body and what to do with them. DH so lovingly looks at my belly when I'm changing and says "you are so cute; look at that belly." Thanks babe but could you help me find some clothes that fit? You know something other than jogging pants and a T-shirt? I feel like I need to get a couple of muumuus to wear just for the sake of wearing something that can't not fit. Ooh, sundresses are coming soon so maybe by then I'll find something that fits. Okay off my vanity trip. I guess I'll go exercise now in my comfortable, fitting jogging pants and T-shirt.
I also wanted to share some concerns. I am getting a similar skin rash like I had with DS1. The reason it concerns me? It was probably one of the first indicators (unbeknownst to me) of things going south with pregnancy 1. I was told it was probably something similar to an allergic reaction to my pregnancy. Oh I sure hope not this time around. Maybe it's just my skin changing. In any event, I'm trying not to think about it or worry. I see the doc on Friday after the ultrasound so we'll see if he has an opinion on it if it's gotten worse. Boo.
Oh no. It's happening. I am slowly weeding out my non-preggo clothes. Today I took three pair of dress pants, a skirt and two shirts upstairs to put away until next winter. I'm not ready for this...not yet. But wait? Am I ever going to be ready since I'm almost 18 weeks along? I mean goodness...did I really expect to to go 20 weeks in "normal" clothes. Um yeah I did unfortunately. I guess I should be glad I've made it this far but it's still not easy when my maternity clothes still don't fit and I just look like I'm wearing DH's clothes...well minus the cute prints and stuff. Seriously...I tried on a pair of my maternity jeans yesterday and they literally fell down. What am I supposed to do now? My regular jeans are starting to dig into my stomach when I sit down though I'm pretty comfortable still standing up (and might I mention they don't fall down) but my maternity jeans are too big. Where do you go from here? I refuse to spend money on smaller maternity jeans or in between clothes when I'll wear them for about four weeks. I have mostly medium maternity pants with a small here or there but even the smalls make me look like I'm wearing DH's clothes. What the heck? Is my belly/growth really distributed that differently in this pregnancy? Alot of my clothes were fitting me "cutely" by this point in pregnancy 1. This is just so weird. I guess I'm just at that weird stage or something. I'm just really glad that I don't work in an office or something. I cannot imagine the wardrobe crisis I would go through having to go into work everyday. I know I know...I sound like I'm complaining but I'm really not...just perplexed at these new developments in my body and what to do with them. DH so lovingly looks at my belly when I'm changing and says "you are so cute; look at that belly." Thanks babe but could you help me find some clothes that fit? You know something other than jogging pants and a T-shirt? I feel like I need to get a couple of muumuus to wear just for the sake of wearing something that can't not fit. Ooh, sundresses are coming soon so maybe by then I'll find something that fits. Okay off my vanity trip. I guess I'll go exercise now in my comfortable, fitting jogging pants and T-shirt.
I also wanted to share some concerns. I am getting a similar skin rash like I had with DS1. The reason it concerns me? It was probably one of the first indicators (unbeknownst to me) of things going south with pregnancy 1. I was told it was probably something similar to an allergic reaction to my pregnancy. Oh I sure hope not this time around. Maybe it's just my skin changing. In any event, I'm trying not to think about it or worry. I see the doc on Friday after the ultrasound so we'll see if he has an opinion on it if it's gotten worse. Boo.

<< Home