Thursday, December 14, 2006

12/14/06 There is a baby in there!

Monday we went for our first OB appointment. We got the official first weigh in and I forget what it was already. We also got to have an ultrasound and got to see the heart beating away and got to hear it as well. What a cool experience. It was just this tiny little bean in there. I could have watched that sweet little sight all day long. Are we blessed or what?

I already had my first round of bloodwork drawn, BNP, hs-CRP, electrolytes, regular prenatals, 24-hour urine for protein/creatinine ratio, homocystine and goodness knows what else. Ah well. The first in a line of many.

I'm feeling nice and fatigued and sick to my stomach most of the time. I'm trying to take it easy but as usual am also trying to be super woman. Sigh. Will I ever learn to relax? Eh, probably not. Ginger Ale is my best friend most mornings. My latest craving is baked potatoes. Those things taste so good to me! Yum!

Today I started having ligament stretching. Ah man...already? That's not good. That means I'll probably pop really early this time. I was lucky enough last time to not have really popped until around 18 weeks. No way no how am I going to make it to 18 weeks and maybe not even 12. Sigh. Oh well. That just means I can wear maternity clothes sooner right? I hope that's no indication of how big I'm going to get this time around.

What else? We are gearing up to tell the families on Christmas. It should be fun. We aren't sure exactly how we're going to tell them but it'll be fun any way we do it.

Oh, we also chose a name for the baby. Since we aren't sure if we're going to be finding out the sex yet, we wanted to come up with a nickname and I think we've decided on "GG" which means God's grace. It is only by the grace of God that we are at this point in our lives. We didn't know if we would be able to have another little one and here we are, almost two months pregnant and blessed. God is so gracious to teach us what He wants us to learn if we will only submit our wills and our lives to Him. That is my life testimony so it is a fitting name for the baby.

Okay, back to life.