12/08/06 What I love about being a mom...
The last few days I've really been observing my DS a little bit closer. I guess I'm watching everything he's doing and absorbing it because I know there's going to be another little one needing my attention soon enough. I've been thinking about what I love about being a mom and here's some of my list:
- I love to watch that tiny little face sleep...every night DH and I go into DS's room and tell him goodnight, give him kisses if we can reach him without waking him and cover him up. Last night I sat next to his crib for what seemed like forever and just watched his sweet little face as he slept. His breathing was even and quiet and he was just so peaceful. I could have sat there all night.
- I love that fuzzy little head that lays on my chest. This last week he's been having some trouble staying asleep when he naps. He'll sleep about 45 minutes and then wake up crying. I've been going up into his room and getting him out of his crib to rock. Usually he's laying there on his back just whining like he's so helpless. I pick him up, give him his paci, get his blankie and snuggle him up on my chest and then swaddle him closely to me with another blanket and rock. It's only been taking a few minutes for him to fall back sound asleep but those times are so precious with him. Yesterday we rocked for about 20 minutes just because I enjoyed holding him and watching him sleep.
- Little words. He is starting to really verbalize what we're saying and learning more words every day. It's so fun to each him and to watch his little mind learn and take in everything around him. It's so cute to hear from the backseat "car" or "dog" or his most recent favorite "cool" or any other random word he feels like he needs to try out. What a sweet moment.
- Kisses kisses. My son is such a little love. He is so affectionate and just loves to give kisses to anyone. The other day I walked by his playroom and saw that he had some of his stuffed animals sitting on the floor in front of him. I stood there quietly watching what he was doing and he was bending down to each one giving them kisses on their nose. That moment could have just melted my heart. When DH and I kiss, DS will come up and go "kisses kisses." He knows exactly what they are and loves to give them out. I am so glad he's learned this so early. He is such an affectionate cuddler.
- Only a mommy. There are things that DS reaches for DH for and there are things that he reaches for me for. Whenever he's hurt, doesn't feel good, or needs something he always turns to me. Today he fell down twice and was crying pretty hard and could not be consoled by DH. I have been trying to step back so that DH can have a chance to comfort but if DS sees me near he immediately reaches for me. It makes me feel so special!
Those are just a few things that I can think of right now. There are many many more that I could go on and on about. I am so blessed that God has chosen for me to be able to experience this again. If I love this child so much, how much more will I love a second child? Well I won't love them more than my first but you know..how much more love can I find in my heart for two little ones? It is so amazing to me. Everyday is such an adventure, so sweet, so tender.
- I love to watch that tiny little face sleep...every night DH and I go into DS's room and tell him goodnight, give him kisses if we can reach him without waking him and cover him up. Last night I sat next to his crib for what seemed like forever and just watched his sweet little face as he slept. His breathing was even and quiet and he was just so peaceful. I could have sat there all night.
- I love that fuzzy little head that lays on my chest. This last week he's been having some trouble staying asleep when he naps. He'll sleep about 45 minutes and then wake up crying. I've been going up into his room and getting him out of his crib to rock. Usually he's laying there on his back just whining like he's so helpless. I pick him up, give him his paci, get his blankie and snuggle him up on my chest and then swaddle him closely to me with another blanket and rock. It's only been taking a few minutes for him to fall back sound asleep but those times are so precious with him. Yesterday we rocked for about 20 minutes just because I enjoyed holding him and watching him sleep.
- Little words. He is starting to really verbalize what we're saying and learning more words every day. It's so fun to each him and to watch his little mind learn and take in everything around him. It's so cute to hear from the backseat "car" or "dog" or his most recent favorite "cool" or any other random word he feels like he needs to try out. What a sweet moment.
- Kisses kisses. My son is such a little love. He is so affectionate and just loves to give kisses to anyone. The other day I walked by his playroom and saw that he had some of his stuffed animals sitting on the floor in front of him. I stood there quietly watching what he was doing and he was bending down to each one giving them kisses on their nose. That moment could have just melted my heart. When DH and I kiss, DS will come up and go "kisses kisses." He knows exactly what they are and loves to give them out. I am so glad he's learned this so early. He is such an affectionate cuddler.
- Only a mommy. There are things that DS reaches for DH for and there are things that he reaches for me for. Whenever he's hurt, doesn't feel good, or needs something he always turns to me. Today he fell down twice and was crying pretty hard and could not be consoled by DH. I have been trying to step back so that DH can have a chance to comfort but if DS sees me near he immediately reaches for me. It makes me feel so special!
Those are just a few things that I can think of right now. There are many many more that I could go on and on about. I am so blessed that God has chosen for me to be able to experience this again. If I love this child so much, how much more will I love a second child? Well I won't love them more than my first but you know..how much more love can I find in my heart for two little ones? It is so amazing to me. Everyday is such an adventure, so sweet, so tender.

<< Home