11/09/2006 - Time flies
Well here I am. You thought I had forgotten about my blog eh? I just don't find the time to get on here much unless there's something to share. Well, there isn't really anything much to share right now but I wanted to check in.
I am in the throws of charting my cycles...just for fun? No, because I'm a little anal retentive about knowing what's going on with my body. My cycles are on the long-ish side and while that annoys me, I'm glad to know what's going on. The closer we got to ovulation this month the more I wondered what we would do. For now we aren't trying but we aren't preventing. I've had a couple of freak out moments where I thought "why did I ever go off birth control...I just can't do this mentally." And then I relax and think "yes, I can..I'm good to go." I think now that I've settled in to that mindset I'm a little more relaxed about everything. I figure that if this is the cycle to get pregnant, so be it...and if not, so be it. I'm pretty relaxed now about the whole process so we'll see what God has in store for us. I'm excited (with a tiny bit of nervousness on the side) for this journey to continue and see how it all turns out.
Our precious little "bundle" is now a walking, talking, running, laughing, 18 month old that is in to absolutely everything and tries to carry on conversations with us in baby babble with a look on his face that says "come on, I know you understand what I'm saying." He is so darn cute and in the same breath such a little stinker. He has that little sparkle in his eye that says "ha! try and stop me." We are trying some new approaches to life with a toddler in "discipline" and "redirection" that seem to be working out better than some of the things we've been doing. I've learned that my son has a servant's heart at even a young age and this gentle leading that I'm doing with him really allows me to watch his spirit grow. He just loves to help mama out with putting things away and receiving praise for it. What a fun and precious time.
We continue to be blessed and as we approach the Thanksgiving holiday, I want to say thanks. Thanks to everyone who has walked this road with me and been supportive, thanks to God for allowing this to happen in my life and for me to learn, and last but certainly not least, thanks to my wonderful husband and beautiful son for being the light in my life. You are worth more and loved more than you could ever imagine!
I am in the throws of charting my cycles...just for fun? No, because I'm a little anal retentive about knowing what's going on with my body. My cycles are on the long-ish side and while that annoys me, I'm glad to know what's going on. The closer we got to ovulation this month the more I wondered what we would do. For now we aren't trying but we aren't preventing. I've had a couple of freak out moments where I thought "why did I ever go off birth control...I just can't do this mentally." And then I relax and think "yes, I can..I'm good to go." I think now that I've settled in to that mindset I'm a little more relaxed about everything. I figure that if this is the cycle to get pregnant, so be it...and if not, so be it. I'm pretty relaxed now about the whole process so we'll see what God has in store for us. I'm excited (with a tiny bit of nervousness on the side) for this journey to continue and see how it all turns out.
Our precious little "bundle" is now a walking, talking, running, laughing, 18 month old that is in to absolutely everything and tries to carry on conversations with us in baby babble with a look on his face that says "come on, I know you understand what I'm saying." He is so darn cute and in the same breath such a little stinker. He has that little sparkle in his eye that says "ha! try and stop me." We are trying some new approaches to life with a toddler in "discipline" and "redirection" that seem to be working out better than some of the things we've been doing. I've learned that my son has a servant's heart at even a young age and this gentle leading that I'm doing with him really allows me to watch his spirit grow. He just loves to help mama out with putting things away and receiving praise for it. What a fun and precious time.
We continue to be blessed and as we approach the Thanksgiving holiday, I want to say thanks. Thanks to everyone who has walked this road with me and been supportive, thanks to God for allowing this to happen in my life and for me to learn, and last but certainly not least, thanks to my wonderful husband and beautiful son for being the light in my life. You are worth more and loved more than you could ever imagine!

<< Home