10/25/2006 - The Day After the echo
So I had my echo yesterday and visit with the cardiologist. The tech had trouble getting one of the views and while at first I thought "uh oh" I was quickly appeased by her comments "it's so hard to get a good view because you're so thin." Never heard that one before. I had to crack up laughing at that comment. It took her awhile to get the images right but apparently everything was fine.
The doctor says he is leaving the decision up to us and that he thinks I'll do fine in another pregnancy. My ejection fraction was in the normal range of 50-75% which is good. He says my heart is still shrinking from its enlarged state after pregnancy and my leaky valves (due to high blood pressure) are completely resolved. He said my little heart is pumping like it should and looks great. My blood pressure was 100/72 and heart rate 80, both in the normal range. I was relieved to hear that. I was glad to hear that everything has resolved or is still resolving.
We talked about what we would do and how I would be followed through another pregnancy. He said I'll be seen every three months and I'll get an echo to see how my little heart is doing. He said that if things start to turn the wrong way that we can start Lasix and/or induce to get the baby out and me stabilized. He said that he thinks I should do fine though. Of course, there are risks involved but he, like myself, is looking at it as the glass is half full...I have a 90% chance of having a regular, normal, uncomplicated pregnancy. Those are pretty good odds and I'm excited. When I was leaving he said "I have a feeling I'm going to be seeing you very soon."
I do have to say that there is a tiny bit of apprehension but when is there not when thinking about baby #2? I mean, all the couples I know that have had uncomplicated pregnancies and childbirth express anxiety about having another little one to care for. I think it's only natural to have those emotions.
I suppose we'll see. I know God is faithful and He will be my sustainer through this. I hold onto that faith knowing that there is NOTHING that He and I can't handle together.
We are so blessed and God continues to smile down on us. Now...let's get to work, hahahah.
"Blessed be your name when the sun's shining down on me, when the world's all as it should be. Blessed be your name...."
The doctor says he is leaving the decision up to us and that he thinks I'll do fine in another pregnancy. My ejection fraction was in the normal range of 50-75% which is good. He says my heart is still shrinking from its enlarged state after pregnancy and my leaky valves (due to high blood pressure) are completely resolved. He said my little heart is pumping like it should and looks great. My blood pressure was 100/72 and heart rate 80, both in the normal range. I was relieved to hear that. I was glad to hear that everything has resolved or is still resolving.
We talked about what we would do and how I would be followed through another pregnancy. He said I'll be seen every three months and I'll get an echo to see how my little heart is doing. He said that if things start to turn the wrong way that we can start Lasix and/or induce to get the baby out and me stabilized. He said that he thinks I should do fine though. Of course, there are risks involved but he, like myself, is looking at it as the glass is half full...I have a 90% chance of having a regular, normal, uncomplicated pregnancy. Those are pretty good odds and I'm excited. When I was leaving he said "I have a feeling I'm going to be seeing you very soon."
I do have to say that there is a tiny bit of apprehension but when is there not when thinking about baby #2? I mean, all the couples I know that have had uncomplicated pregnancies and childbirth express anxiety about having another little one to care for. I think it's only natural to have those emotions.
I suppose we'll see. I know God is faithful and He will be my sustainer through this. I hold onto that faith knowing that there is NOTHING that He and I can't handle together.
We are so blessed and God continues to smile down on us. Now...let's get to work, hahahah.
"Blessed be your name when the sun's shining down on me, when the world's all as it should be. Blessed be your name...."

<< Home