Saturday, June 30, 2007

06/30/2007- Ready and waiting...

I'm working my way towards the end of this pregnancy and today I'm ready. I'm ready to meet our littlest miracle. I'm ready to see what this tiny growing human is. I'm ready to face the challenge of labor, delivery and birth. I'm ready to hold my baby close to my heart instead of carrying him or her in my belly. I'm ready to see my husband fold a newborn gently in his arms. I'm ready to see the look on my little boy's face when he meets his new sibling. I'm ready to stop waddling. I'm ready to stop feeling every ache and pain. I'm ready to move on past the pregnancy point and to the motherhood point with this little green bean.

Today I'm ready and hoping and praying and wanting for this all to start taking place. For the longest time I haven't been ready for one reason or another. I had things I wanted to get done. Places I wanted to go. People I wanted to see. Moments I wanted to experience with JUST a toddler and not a toddler and a newborn. Dates I wanted to go on with DH before we had two littles ones to carry around or find a sitter for.

But today I'm to the point where I'm ready. My list is pretty much complete. The house is clean. The laundry is done. The groceries are bought. The meals are made. I'm relaxed. I'm happy. I'm ready.

God please give me the patience to wait another few weeks to hold my little one...and could I have one, just one, more good night of sleep before this baby comes?

**Doctor update: Today I went in for my 36 week appointment. The ultrasound tech said the baby looks fabulous, the little heart was pumping away and she said everything looks beautiful. Baby was camera shy and kept putting the little arm in front of its face but my mother in law and I got to see it's little eyes, nose and lips and it's little hands and feet and legs. At one point the baby stuck its tongue out and even put its foot in its mouth. Amazing I tell ya!

I'm 2 cm dilated but we all know that doesn't mean a thing. I could walk around like that for weeks still. I'm hoping for my next appointment on July 11 that I've made more progress. I'm getting so excited to meet this baby! So excited...I cannot even express what I'm feeling right now.